Pages

Friday, March 20, 2009

On the road to Moab 100



There are things that I really look forward to, sleeping in my own bed with clean sheets, eating a great meal that I cooked, taking a shower EVERY morning, spending time with people I love AND Running 100 miles. Yes I am sooo looking forward to do this, yet IT is also scaring the shit out of me. Yes I am fucking scared, but the truth is that like dying, running 100 miles is part of my journey. Running 100 miles is something that I have to do, not once, not twice by several times. I know it, I can feel it. Moab 100 is the beginning. Running an ultramarathon turned out to be a life changing experience for me. I have almost become a runner damn it.


Pablo Cohelo, one of my favorite authors wrote, “From now on whenever you want to find out something about something, plunge straight in” By not experiencing something fully, we deny ourselves the opportunity to really live at our full potential. Does this make sense? We spend so much time dealing with mind issues, in most cases we know what to do. In a way, the whole category or mind issues that can be dealt with one word, which is SURRENDER. Surrender means just let go, whatever it is that comes up between you, your heart and your journey. And give your best, just as Steve Prefontaine said once “To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift”. So plunge straight in and give your best. If your best is not enough then it is not mean to be, but you experienced it fully and that is what is important. And remember nothing is totally lost for ever and nothing lasts for ever, really at the end of the day even a stopped clock is right 2 times a day…




But back to what is important.. Holy shit 100 miles? A friend of mine told me a couple of days ago, you are a crazy F&*K, am I? And I guess I am… woohooo!!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Luis!! I am thinking of you on your journey and can't wait to hear about it when you return. That first picture in the dark is awesome! Your legs rock - i know you'll get it done. Hopefully with just the necessary amount of pain and suffering and no more. :) I'm so awed by this - Moab 100. Amazing.