Pages

Monday, October 27, 2008

Double DipSea


On November 29 I will be running the Quad DipSea trail run. The Dipsea Trail is an historic route between Mill Valley and Stinson Beach. The trail is about 7.1 miles long, and it traverses some incredible terrain. There is about 2,200 feet of vertical ascent as well as many, many stair steps!

As preparation for this race, Janet and I did it twice last sunday... That means 4,400 feel of vertical ascent in in 14 miles... It was hard, but fun.. Check the profile below.. It is an insane trail, but it is sooo goood

we started in Mill valley and made to Stinson Beach, took a food break and we started the long treck back.

The trail starts with 675 stairs... just up and up and up... And there is no way to warm up..


It was a beautiful day indeed. Se started with a nice pace... not too hard, but not too slow. The way to Stinson Beach was quite enjoyable. We reached Stinson beach and took a small food break. I had a energy bar and it was sooo good.

I was afraid that my IT bands were going to hurt, but I was pleasantly surprised that they did not bother me not a single time. In fact I felt great until we reached Muir woods in the way back. We took another small food break and then we pushed all the way until the end. I got to say, this is a grat trail.. It is challenging yes, but it is beautiful and most importantly the company was even greater.



Check out the little google earth flyby of the trail..

In any event.. It was a great training run. We are going back next weekend to do a triple and then on November 29 we will be doing the Quad... I got to say, I haven't been excited about a race in quite some time now. I am soooo looking forward to do this race.

For the last few weeks I have been dreading the nights since I haven't been able to sleep. It turns out that I am also immune to sleeping pills of all sorts. They just don't work on me... I was advised to see a vet, maybe if I get some horse tranquilizers. It is funny, I even took double dosage and I simply could not get any zzzz's. I have come to the realization that it is what it is and I am making the best of my little sleep I am getting.

Life is a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get... right? My chocolate box gave me something I thought I already had in the past and I was not looking forward to have it again. Anyhow, I love running.. it keeps me sane and it gives me soo much to think about and to be thankful for. Most importantly I love all the wonderful people in my life..

Wohooo!! Quad dipsea... here I come..

Quote of the moth: Where is the rest of you? (Jthomson)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

isa you'll do great on 29th of November